November 30, 2007

Wouldn't be a blog post without Brandi Carlile or a Mean Girls reference

They seem to be building one of everything that we have in south Nashua up on Amherst Street (Target, Uno's, Staples (or is it OfficeMax?), Starbucks, Home Depot, Circuit City, Game Stop, etc.), so where is my Barnes and Noble? Or Borders. I would accept Borders.

So! I found this old version of "Downpour," my fave Brandi Carlile song, and she's playing it by herself, and I decided it needs Josh. I love it still, but it's so not as good without the cello. The way she introduced it to the audience, though, was so adorable it almost made up for the lack of cello. And it's true, what I said--I love Brandi by herself, but the twins and Josh are so necessary to complete the awesomeness. Also, even without the twins, "Throw It All Away" is so much better live.

I've been thinking for a while of making an Ultimate Brandi Carlile Band compilation CD to play for everyone at work, but there are so many songs (and so many versions of these songs) that I just can't even start anywhere. I overwhelm myself even thinking about it. Somehow, it was easier to pick one to throw onto a girls-only compilation disc. That makes no sense.

I watched the Thanksgiving episode of Gossip Girl while I was at home on my lunch break today, and it was sweet. Blake Lively and that girl who plays Blair are cute together. I don't exactly love the boy from John Tucker Must Die, though. However. I should have watched 30 Rock, but I forgot all about it. Idiot. So I read the recap on Television Without Pity, and now I really want to watch it. But I will resist the internet streaming. And if I start actually watching Gossip Girl, I'll have to read the books, but I have a feeling that's going to be a Devil Wears Prada situation, since I hate reading about rich people and all the ridiculous shit they do, but when you can see it, when it's real, and the actors are charming, then it's okay. Because you can see how they're people underneath all the shenanigans. For all I know, the novels could be just like that, but I feel like they're not. I just have this sense, you know, like ESPN or something.

No comments: