November 13, 2007

Flotsam, jetsam, and White Stripes videos

Okay, so I've been DVR-ing America's Next Top Model, and I just now got around to watching it, and I am just amazed that the dumbest girl on the show, Mila, is the first and only reality television show participant to use the word literally correctly. She did, too, saying the contestants, who were on a cruise ship, were all "in the same boat--literally." True dat, motherfucker.

Hurrah for Dustin Pedroia, too, y'all. I knew he'd be AL rookie of the year. If Theo lets Lowell get away, at least I still have Dustin and Josh, right? That doesn't mean I won't cry. Also, I really wonder what will happen if, for some reason, Theo buys A-Rod, because it appears that all of Red Sox Nation hates that guy. It would never work, bringing him to Boston; he'd never be part of the team--and if Boston fans hate you, and you're on their team, you're not going to be having any fun. And I'm not going to be having any fun. If Lowell gets away, we'd best end up with Tejada or Cabrera or anyone who is not Alex Rodriguez. Who's playing third base in Pawtucket? Bring his ass up. (I love to say "Pawtucket," but it is not a lovely place. Though I do miss driving through it for three seconds on the way back to Providence. Oh, Rhode Island, I do miss you.)

Sigh. You know, when Trot Nixon left, I was sad, because I loved him, but he was kind of crapping out. Mike Lowell is good! Keep him for four fucking years! Why is that so difficult? Stupid money. It ruins everything.

Speaking of which, I've decided that one day I am going to buy a Mac Book instead of an iMac, but I don't really have $1300 to drop on a computer I don't technically need, since the Dell still works. Oh my god, I've had that thing for three years now. That's the longest I've owned any piece of fancy technological equipment. But I really like Macs now. I used to hate them with the fire of a thousand and seven suns, but now they're all pretty and fast and easy to use. PCs are still easy to use, and I still know more about manipulating Windows than I do about OS X, but so many things can go wrong with Windows that I've never encountered on a Mac. Plus, Vista blows goats, yo, and Leopard may not be as amazing as Steve Jobs wants you to think it is, but still better than Vista. I wonder if we'll get to upgrade to Leopard at work. I hope so.

Do you know what I hate? Vh1. It manages to play music videos more often than MTV does, but it plays the same four videos over and over and over: that stupid Maroon 5 video where Adam Levine kills a guy or whatever (I hate Maroon 5--I only saw them that one time at Lupo's because they were touring with Jason Mraz, and Jason played first that night, and somehow (aka because of construction on 95 South) we missed it), that Colbie Caillat video, whatever Fergie's new monstrosity is (at least it isn't "Big Girls Don't Cry" anymore), and some Fallout Boy (?) video. Would it kill them to incorporate a little variety? Also, could they not show that Maroon 5 video once an hour? Christ. Though I did see Regina Spektor's video for "Better" this morning (or yesterday morning...), and I love it. But, really, what bogusity. Or bogusness, if you prefer. There are a bazillion music videos to choose from, and they have maybe twelve in their rotation.

Speaking of music videos, I have two favorites of all times: one is the White Stripes' video for "Fell in Love with a Girl," because it's made out of Legos:

And two is Kelly's video for "Since U Been Gone," because she has really pretty (fake) hair in it. And she's dressed like a boy in the parts where she's destroying her ex's apartment.

Y'all, don't eat Mexican food in New England. Even if it's allegedly prepared by actual Mexicans. There's no such thing as good Mexican food outside of Mexico or the Southwest. (I imagine--I've never been to Mexico, but I have been to the Southwest.) Which means I simply must go back to Texas, because I have a wicked hankering for some enchiladas and a good chile relleno, which is, like, the most impossible thing to find here. The restaurants up here ostensibly serve chile rellenos, but they're never delicious. Actually, I think I had the best chile relleno ever in New Mexico, so perhaps I should go back there, too. And then I should go to Old Mexico, because that's where all the deliciousness came from in the first place. But it's easier to go to Texas if you don't have a passport. Also, I miss my sweet potato like it's nobody's business. And his mama makes some pretty good enchiladas.

No comments: