November 16, 2007

That's the problem with the days

Here is a thing: Brandi and the boys debuted "Pride and Joy" in Portsmouth. And I was not there. Why? I don't know, because I had tickets to Boston and no one to drag to Portsmouth? No. Because I am an idiot. Why do I always miss her when she's so effing close? Although, despite the fact that Portsmouth is in the same state I am, I think Boston's closer. Whatever, it's never happening again. Though now that I have the determination and the means to follow this girl wherever she might lead, she and the boys will take a touring sabbatical in 2008. Because that is how my life works.

I hate Pink. I know I've said this before, but oh my god, I hate her. Why do the Indigo Girls like her? I would expect them to have better taste.

Okay, seriously, I just read an email in which someone asked if sowing is a word. Are you kidding me? Is everyone fucking illiterate now? Doesn't anyone know about planting things? Has no one ever heard the expression "sow his/her/your wild oats"? (I know it's old-timey, but it's still an expression. Christ.) Didn't everyone read the Little House books when they were eight? (Just me?)

Thank god I don't have to worry about A-Rod joining the Sox anymore. He's back in the Bronx where he belongs. Unfortunately, I do still have to worry about losing Mike Lowell to the Yankees, because I heard a vicious rumor that they would move him to first base if they kept A-Rod. And every day that goes by without the Red Sox signing my man Lowell makes me more and more nervous. I think I heard that the Braves made him an offer, and I would be okay if he ended up in the National League again--but mostly I don't want him to end up back with the Yankees (apparently, he was brought up through their farm system). Of course what I really want is for him to stay in Boston, but that's seeming less and less likely. Eff you, Epstein. Clearly, this is all your fault. Also, apparently, Mike Lowell was born in Puerto Rico and is fluent in Spanish! Like I need reasons to love him even more right before he leaves Boston forever. Wah.

Sorry, that was whiny. Let's move on. Okay, I have to link to this, because the description of this picture is pretty much the best sentence I've read all day (if you ignore the obvious, unfortunate typo).

Ugh, this whole post was whiny. It's been a long week, and I have to work for a million years this weekend. Retail blows, yo.

No comments: