November 9, 2007

I wake up Saturday morning, and finally I'll be all right

Oh my god, I am so glad this week is almost over. To celebrate Friday, here is the best thing ever:

Also, check it: that is a rotary phone. I don't know if I'm even old enough to remember those. Actually, I am, because my grandparents had one when I was still watching Sesame Street--and so did Alicia's parents, when I was too old to be watching Sesame Street. Oh! And I also had a toy one--you know, that one with the face, and it was on wheels? I don't think I ever really figured out how to dial a real phone number on a rotary phone, but I'm pretty sure I could do it now. I wonder if they still make that toy phone--that thing was a hit with toddlers everywhere. I think we may have even had it in the church nursery, when I was babysitting children on Sundays instead of being saved or whatever. (No, Episcopalians don't really go in for that "accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior" brand of religion, but whatever. I was still ignoring Jesus in favor of playing with babies. And that is how I became the heathen that I am today!)

Do they still do the Yip Yips on Sesame Street? I don't think it would be as fun to see them checking out an iPhone or an HDTV or something. Those ancient props are part of the fun! They were definitely my faves. I think I wrote about my Sesame Street faves in my livejournal, so I won't rehash them here, but I was bored at work, so I decided to surf the youtube (as you do) for something other than Brandi Carlile concert videos, and I found these guys! I love these guys. They did a re-enactment of their encounter with the phone on Drawn Together, and I think that's why I wanted to find the real thing. Love it.

In other news, I think I finally like Grey's Anatomy again! Although, Bailey breaking down and crying when the Chief made her chief resident like she deserved? Not okay. But everything else was good, except that we actually had to sit through George and Izzie trying to have hot sex and failing. But it is good that they failed. Maybe this stupid thing will finally go away now. Poor Callie, though. She loses her man; she loses her position--but she still has Cristina. Right? Anyway, she shouldn't have been married to George; maybe she can be the one person who falls in love with someone who doesn't work at this hospital. Also, I kind of love Dr. Hahn. She is totally better than Burke. I'm kind of digging the relationship between the three older men on the show, too. It's getting back to be the show I remember.

How sad is Katimsky though as Thatcher Grey? Katimsky himself was always kind of pathetic, but he did take Rickie in and all that. I kind of liked him, I suppose, but now he's just awful. But perfect for this role. What's this guy's real name? I just always refer to him as Katimsky. I really need to watch those My So-Called Life DVDs again.

No comments: