November 29, 2007

No boys allowed

That was, incidentally, the title of my favorite Bernstain Bears book. No, wait, that was No Girls Allowed. Never mind. I only liked it because Brother had that sick fort--it was shitty that he wouldn't let the girls in. But of course he did eventually, and everyone learned a valuable lesson, and I still really want that fort.

Anyway. Way back in the college days, Taterface and I had a radio show called "Girly Sounds," during which we only played songs from lady artists. It was so much fun. And the other day, I was talkin' to Melissa, and she said she doesn't listen to lady artists, so I decided to take it upon myself to make my own girly sounds compilation and make her listen to it. Here's a working playlist for the judgment of the internet:
1. "Cinematic" - Erin McKeown
2. "Late Morning Lullaby" - Brandi Carlile (try to contain your shock)
3. "Paper Bag" - Fiona Apple
4. "Happy Phantom" - Tori Amos (this song always makes me think of Lizzy)
5. "Polyester Bride" - Liz Phair
6. "Can't Cry Anymore" - Sheryl Crow
7. "There's a Girl" - The Ditty Bops (I had to be a little overtly gay)
8. "Rangers" - A Fine Frenzy
9. "32 Flavors" - Ani DiFranco
10. "I Won't Walk Away" - Jewel (I think I might replace Jewel with someone else...)
11. "Run" - Indigo Girls
12. "Happy" - Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins (or should I use a Rilo Kiley song?)
13. "Not the Doctor" - Alanis Morissette
14. "A Case of You" - Joni Mitchell (might get switched out for "This Flight Tonight")
15. "Hotel Song" - Regina Spektor
16. "Feelin' the Same Way" - Norah Jones
17. "Good Enough" - Sarah McLachlan
18. "It's Too Late" - Carole King
19. "Garden of Delights" - Lisa Loeb

On an entirely unrelated note, I sent Jess the message "frickin' gagne" so much during the playoffs that it's in my T9. Love it.

No comments: