November 5, 2007

Pass the hours away just to keep myself alive

Lemme tell you somethin'. I haven't had a weekend off since my Brandi Carlile weekend, which was a month ago. And I'm not gonna have a weekend off until February. If ever. Why do I still work retail? Oh right. Because I'm po'.

Anyway, yesterday sucked. I was at Bath & Body Works for ten hours, and five and a half of those hours were for a fucking holiday floorset, run by the Devil herself. Although, she was so not as devilicious as she could have been. I miss Bruce. And the floorset was full of new people who had no idea what they were doing, and I got stuck with the worst one. In all of those five and half hours, I only set two tables. Sigh. There was one bright spot, though, in the interminable night, that totally lifted my spirits for the last two hours. I bet you can guess what it might be.

Some beautiful human at Limited Brands, Inc. put "The Story" on the new Bath & Body Works CD. Oh, yes. It was fantastic, because "Fidelity" had just been on--and that had made me happy enough--and I was walking through the store, cleaning a plexiglass box for a table I was setting, and I barely heard the opening notes, and I stopped dead like, "This is not 'The Story.'" But then: "All of these lines across my face..." It was! And I sang along while I set the table, and I was giddy for an hour. The new CD so does not suck. Regina AND Brandi. And! "Behind These Hazel Eyes." I'm just gonna spend all my time at work singing badly. I have a feeling, though, that now I'm totally going to be outed as a crazy Brandi Carlile fan at work, but oh well. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Right?

Anyway, thank god for Brandi, y'all, getting me through a ten-hour day at the mall. However, this CD will not last long, because the full-on Christmas floorset is in, like, two weeks. Fuck that! I quit!

Oh! I forgot to say that my favorite part of the video for that new song "A Promise to Keep" is at the end, when Brandi claps for Tim. She's so sweet--and you can totally tell she loves his song. Okay, the end.

No comments: