November 20, 2007

If you've ever been out walking in the snow

It's snowing. It's not even Thanksgiving yet. I think this winter is going to be heinous, to make up for the second spring we had in November and December last year.

I'm listening to Brandi's concert at the Higher Ground again, because I had this urge to listen to the intro they did for "My Song," but then the newer version of "My Song" doesn't have that extra verse that I love, and so I was sad. I need a version with the intro and the extra verse. Perhaps I should put in a personal request to Brandi. She'd totally listen. I wish I had a video of her collapsing with laughter in the middle of "Wasted," because it was one of my favorite things about the night. The great thing about her, though, is at the end of the song, she is trying to sing through this laughter she can't control, but you can barely tell on the recording that she's having any issues. But then when she doesn't sing when she's supposed to, you kind of know something's up. God, I love her. (I know, what a newsflash, huh.)

"Shadow on the Wall"--that's the song I don't like. I may be listening to the soundtrack to Legally Blonde: The Musical right now. Does that make me straight? Okay, but the best thing about the musical is that Elle proposes to Emmett--and puts a ring on his finger and everything. Does that happen in the movie? I don't even remember.

They were showing a Queen concert DVD in the cafeteria this morning, so I stayed and watched "Bohemian Rhapsody." Good times. It really is shitty that Freddie's dead.

Still snowing. I just spent the morning organizing my soundtracks on iTunes, so that they appear together alphabetically, then by year, so that all the Harry Potter and Pirates soundtracks are grouped together and in chronological order. How productive (and insane). Now I'm hungry. Also, my two front tires are pretty much bald, so I don't even want to try to go out and get lunch, even though I really want Chinese food.

Got to talk to Milo yesterday, for the first time in ages. It's time to go to Texas, I'm thinking. Or maybe we could go visit Jane in St. Louis at the same time.

I know I've said before that my favorite Brandi Carlile song is "Downpour," and that's still true, but I have four other favorites: "Closer to You," "The Clock," "How These Days Grow Long," "Hiding My Heart," and "A Promise to Keep." Oh, I guess that was five. So I have six favorite songs. I can't rank them past "Downpour," though; that's at the top, and the other five are clustered just beneath it. Why do I feel the need to explain this? I don't know. I just felt like writing about it, because it's been more than a month since the show in Vermont, and I'm still going through serious withdrawal.

This is the most disjointed entry I've written in a while, but it's just one of those days, I guess. It's cold in here; I'm bored; I can't watch any more youtube videos of Brandi in concert, because they only make the withdrawal pains worse; I really have nothing to say, but I want to write anyway.

I keep getting these fucking spam text messages--like, how did that happen? I don't just give away my cell phone number for free. They're driving me crazy, and of course you can't just block text messages from people not in your contacts on a cell phone. That would be too helpful.

Also, did Sporty Spice come out of the closet yet? Because that girl is so gay. Watch--she's, like, married now or something, just so I can be extra wrong. Whatever. I still say she's gay. Gaaaaay.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hold...Hold up... you dont like "shadow on the wall"?!?!? How is that possible? lol ugh... i am shocked right now haha .. i dont get it.. *shakes head*